California Red Light Tickets
California red light tickets have one of the highest fine rates in the country. Running a red light is one of the major causes of accidents in California, causing about 20% of fatal accidents, and lots of property damages each year.
If you get a California red light ticket, the heavy fines you have to pay are not the only problem, points on your DMV record for three years and higher insurance rates are some of the other consequences of getting a California red light ticket.
Getting out of a red light ticket is hard and tricky, especially if it is a California red light camera ticket. There is no need for an officer to be present at the intersection anymore, these cameras will take pictures and videos of the red light runners and an officer will review them later, determining whether the violation really took place or not. The cameras provide the officer with the license plate, date and time of the offense, vehicle's speed and the amount of time elapsed after the light turned red. The offenders usually receive their citation in the mail within 14days, along with pictures of license plate and their face behind the wheel while running the red light, which makes it look almost impossible to beat a California red light camera ticket.
These cameras are only triggered if the vehicle is beyond a certain point in the intersection after the light turns red. For example, if you are at an intersection ready to turn left when it's safe and the light turns red before you make your left turn, the camera would not be triggered and you would not be cited with a red light camera ticket.
These California red light camera tickets are not always reliable. Computer glitches, clerical errors, computer programming problems and some other issues happen and result in wrongfully taken pictures.
Running a California red light is an infraction and has one point on your California DMV record. You may be able to go to traffic School once every 18 months to eliminate the points and prevent your insurance rates to rise. Otherwise, not only your insurance rate would go up because of the red light ticket, the point remains on your DMV record and increases the possibility of losing your driver's license. One point might not seem much, but it can certainly make the red light tickets quite costly.
Anytime you get a California red light ticket or any other camera tickets, make sure to consult with Mr. Soleimanian, traffic ticket attorneys, before doing anything else. You always have the chance of dismissing your ticket and therefore preventing points to be added to your DMV record.
- Difference between Infractions and Misdemeanors
- Fight Red Light Ticket
- Mr. Ticket, Your Trusted California Traffic Ticket Attorney
- Mr. Ticket Helps You Fight Your Red Light Camera Ticket
- Mr. Ticket Advises on How to Beat a Red Light Ticket in California
- Mr. Ticket Advises on How to Beat a Speeding Ticket in California
- Elimination of Red Light Camera Program
- Paying for Red Light Camera Tickets
- Traffic Violations in School Zones
- Los Angeles Traffic Ticket Lawyer, Mr. Ticket, Educates Drivers About Paying Red Light Camera Tickets
- Points on your Driving Record and your Insurance
- Traffic School and Points on Your Record
- What to do in a Traffic Stop
- Half-Off Traffic Ticket Amnesty
- Points for Crossing a Double Yellow Line
- Facts about Out-of-State Tickets
- Mr. Ticket App
- Fix It Tickets in California
- Illegal U Turn in California
- Laws Regarding Changing Lanes in California
- Handicap Parking in California
- Effects of Cell Phone Ban in California
- Tech Advances and Distracted Drivers
- Long Term Costs of Traffic Tickets
- Traffic Tickets and the Cost of Your Auto Insurance