Paying For Red Light Camera Tickets

The state decision to shut down the red light camera photo enforcement program in LA county creates more urgency to hire a Los Angeles traffic ticket lawyer to better understand the confusing decision about paying or not paying for these tickets. If you have one or more red light camera tickets, a consultation with Mr. Ticket can help you.

According to the state of California, approximately 60% of all drivers pay their red light ticket in Los Angeles. This means the drivers admit guilt and appear in court for a conviction and pay the restitution. The remaining 40% decline to pay the fine or admit guilt. The current law states that when a ticket is signed it is an agreement to appear in court and face the charge. A red light camera ticket is received by mail and it is argued that it is not a valid contract.

Disputing this ticket requires expert review and defense by a traffic ticket attorney in Los Angeles like Mr. Ticket. Since the ticket is technically a bill, it can appear on your record as delinquent. This information can be accessed by your current or future employer and could interfere with your employment. Getting a legal consultation can help you better understand the repayment requirement for your red light camera ticket.

It is your legal right under the law to fight red light ticket charges if you choose to do so. The closure of the photo enforcement program is creating a larger gap in the state budget and the enforcement of ticket repayments will increase. The best option that you have is to not put your driving record at risk and risk a terminated registration or license suspension. Consulting with an expert like Mr. Ticket will inform you of your rights and what legal options are currently available to you to beat red light tickets in California.