California Speeding Tickets, Fight & Beat Speeding Ticket
California speeding tickets have the highest fine rates among all the states. It's not just the ticket fines you have to pay, court fines, if you decide to fight speeding ticket, traffic school and other fees should be paid as well. Having a California speeding ticket could also raise your car insurance rate considerably. That makes getting a speeding ticket quite costly.
A considerable percentage of the accidents occurring during the year involve speeding to some extent and these accidents cause a lot of deaths. That is why California has one of the most severe laws about speeding in the country.
If you get pulled over for speeding, the officer will write you a ticket and you have to sign this ticket as a promise to be present at the court by a certain day and time. It does not mean that you are accepting your guilt, but that you are making an official promise. You will receive a letter about the amount of the fine and the actions you could take later. If you decide to plead not guilty, usually you will receive a courtesy notice about the day and time of the court. You could fight your California speeding ticket in the court and you have the right to an attorney representing you. You also have the option for a trial by written declaration.
Winning your case depends on several things, including whether your speed was recorded by camera, radar gun or other devices. Also the weather and road conditions are very important. You can have pictures, documents and witnesses for proving your points in the court as well.
Points of a speeding ticket will remain on your record for at least 3 years. The number of points on your driving record can rapidly add up to the limit by a speeding ticket and get your driver's license suspended, causing you more trouble and expense than you expect from a speeding ticket.
If you plead guilty or you lose in the court, you can go to traffic school to eliminate the points of the speeding ticket on your record. You have to request traffic school from court, and you only can go to traffic school once in every 18 months. Otherwise, these points will stay on your record for at least three years. Getting 4 points in one year, 6 points in 2 years or 8 points in three years will result in suspension of your driver's license. Call us at (866) 780-1234 or simply fill the online form and a traffic ticket consultant will help you fight speeding ticket.
Speeding Tickets for Commercial Drivers
Traffic laws for commercial drivers are far stricter than the ones for non-commercial drivers. The high amount of accidents involving commercial vehicles could be one reason for this.
One of the differences between commercial and non-commercial drivers appears in California speeding laws. A simple speeding ticket has only 1 point for a non-commercial driver, but commercial drivers receive 1.5 points on their records for the same speeding ticket. While non-commercial drivers can go to traffic school to eliminate the points on their license, commercial drivers are deprived of such possibilities. Also, a speeding ticket of over 15 miles per hour in considered a misdemeanor for a CDL holder, while it is just a citation for a non-commercial driver.
- Speeding Ticket May Cost you your CDL
- Mr. Ticket, Your Trusted California Traffic Ticket Attorney
- Mr. Ticket Fights Your Speeding Ticket
- Mr. Ticket can help you beat your speeding ticket
- Mr. Ticket Advises on How to Beat a Red Light Ticket in California
- Mr. Ticket Advises on How to Beat a Speeding Ticket in California
- Los Angeles Traffic Ticket Lawyer, Mr. Ticket, Educates Drivers About Paying Red Light Camera Tickets
- Points on your Driving Record and your Insurance
- Illegal U-Turns in Business Sections
- Using Your Cell Phone at Red Lights
- Los Angeles Traffic Ticket Attorney, Mr. Ticket, Announces the Release of his New App
- Facts about Out-of-State Tickets
- Mr. Ticket App
- Violations of Disabled Person Placard
- Los Angeles Traffic ticket Lawyer, Mr. Ticket, Has Launched a New App
- Amir Soleimanian is Now Offering Legal Representation to Drivers in All Counties in California
- Phone in One Hand, Ticket in the Other Campaign
- Mr. Ticket Android App
- Which Traffic Tickets Can be Contested?